RCIA - Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
The letters "RCIA" stand for the "Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults", a document from Vatican II which guides the process by which adults are initiated into the Catholic faith. The RCIA is a process in which men and women are guided and cared for as they awaken in faith and are gradually introduced to the Catholic way of life.
Through a series of carefully planned stages marked by liturgical rites in the presence of the St. John´s community, new Catholics join in a continuing and deepening conversion into faith and discipleship. The RCIA takes the distinctive history and spiritual needs of each person into account - the baptized and the unbaptized, the catechized and the uncatechized.
'We are currently in Green Phase-Part 1 according to the Diocese of Allentown guidelines."
- Daily Mass is held in the main church Monday-Friday at 9 a.m.. Use only the upper side door. Masks must be worn and social distancing observed.
- Weekend mass schedule remains the same. Use only the upper side door. Masks must be worn and social distancing observed.
- Our Saturday vigil mass will be livestreamed at 5 p.m. on Facebook and subsequently uploaded to our YouTube channel.
- Mass remains voluntary. The obligation to attend Sunday Mass is suspended.
- Confession times remain the same.